Well, 41 days and 41 nights. I've been quite the blogging slacker and I'm sorry. But I've had good reason! Scott's been home and we've been busy! I'll do a rundown to get everyone up to speed:
Scott came home.
We make a quick unplanned trip to Texas.
Scott goes on 5 interviews in the Dallas area.
Scott gets 5 job offers in the Dallas area.
We look at many, many houses in the Dallas area.
We find and fall in love with a house.
We make an offer on the house.
Offer is accepted.
Scott takes a job in a hospital ER.
We drive back to Tennessee.
We pack our house up.
We almost lose the house in Texas.
We worry for a week about losing the house.
We continue to pack.
Things finally work out and we are back on track with the house.
Huge trailer comes to load our household goods onto.
For 5 days we load the truck.
Scott finally gets to see Dave Matthews here in Nashville.
They come and drive away with our household goods.
We clean the house like mad.
We load everything left behind into our cars and store in a friend's garage.
We close on this house.
We crash that night at a friend's house.
We reload everything back in our cars and move into temporary housing.
We sleep away the entire rainy weekend.
That brings us here. Today. We are looking forward to closing on our new house in just a few weeks. Luke finishing second grade and moving on to third grade this fall. Being close to our families again after almost 12 years. And in less than 2 months being a civilian family.
Life is good.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sounds like life is good! I'm so happy for you guys. Have fun getting settled and decorating your new house!
I was wondering if I would see you in Canton too! The girls gone junkin booth is where the Paul Micael area used to be. In those garage things. I think it's in between the Arbors and the Pavillions. I hope you found some fun things!
I wanted to respond to your comment on my blog. The Ukraine kids have a number in parentheses, with no letters attached. Does that make sense? I'd be happy to share more. Please email me if you have questions about the kids, the orphanage, whatever!! I'm determined to find families for these sweet boys.
Post a Comment