Sunday, March 22, 2009

He's HOME!

He's finally home. On US soil. For a long, long time. We couldn't be happier!

It was a long night, but the kids did awesome. I think they both got their second wind around 12:30am when we drove on base. Thankfully, the flight was right on schedule and other than the anticipation of opening the plane door once they landed, it was wonderful! The soldier's started filing off and walking toward the crowd and they all looked the same. Every one wearing their full gear... even their helmets. I just knew we were going to miss Scott in the darkness and crowd. But I picked him out. I couldn't believe it. I spotted his walk from far off and watched him get closer. The closer he got the bigger his smile. It was him and he was home!

Our sign in the front yard.

The signs we made over the weekend to pass the time.

Yes, its about 2am here.

Waiting on the flight line watching the sky for the lights of the plane.


Marching into the hanger!


These pictures speak for themselves.






This was at 5:30am when we finally got home.

The next morning (afternoon really) when we all woke up. Couldn't believe Daddy was finally there with us.
The deployment ladder complete!
Thank you Flat Daddy for a good year, but we won't need you again for a LONG time!

No comments: