Monday, December 22, 2008

Day 274 - 2 Days until Christmas

I know... I know... More counting of days. Really, that is how you go through life as a child. You wonder how many days until birthdays, until allowance, until you get to watch TV upstairs again. (LOL!) With Luke, everything is about time, dates and how many more.

Its wonderful to be home for Christmas. I love thinking that this time next year, Scott will be with us. We will be together not worried about a looming deployment. We will be able to enjoy family without the hassle, hustle and bustle of packing and moving from place to place.... with a dog no less. I'll get to Christmas shop at all the stores I love. Grandparents will be able to come to school Christmas programs. The kids won't ask if Santa will know where they are Christmas Eve.

We are missing Scott like crazy right now. That silly song, "I'll be Home for Christmas" the military version, makes me nuts, but for some reason I listen to it every time.

We are hoping our Daddy has a warm, safe Christmas Day. That he thinks about how far we have come and how in just a couple of short months he will be home with us again.

1 comment:

Maryrose said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's and that Scott is returned to you safely and soon.