I can't believe we are already at 256 days! It seems to have gone so quickly, yet thinking back on all we have done and been through it seems like forever ago Scott left. Hopefully, we have roughly 100 days to go. I remember last deployment.... those last 90 days were the toughest of all.
I pray with the hustle and bustle of Christmas and then all of our birthdays in January, at least the next 45 go by quickly. Then I can look forward to a visit from my mom and hopefully brother and sister-in-law after that. I have a huge to-do list that there is no way I can complete on my own before we put the house on the market. Actually, I'm a little overwhelmed already. I have my list which normally keeps me focused and on task, but this time I can't get motivated.
It doesn't help that I haven't unpacked from our Thanksgiving trip. Since we are going back to Texas in two weeks it seems silly to me to unpack. Especially since it normally takes me about that long to unpack anyway.
We've had a busy week and the next few days are filled as well. Gracen is in the town's Christmas parade on Saturday. We are super excited about that although I'm not sure how I'm going to do it logistically. I have to ride with her on the float, but I have Luke as well. We'll see.
I'm also missing Scott something terrible this week. I'm sure its the holiday season and shopping for Christmas by myself. Its also been hard because husbands are now everywhere. Almost every friend has one back from Iraq. I'm happy for them, but its hard when you are in the minority. I can't wait for our turn to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment