Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 226 - Election Day

Luke had off school today so we stayed busy running errands, eating ice cream and seeing a movie. We went to see High School Musical 3 and I've been singing the songs ever since. Gracen wiggled and danced through the whole thing. We all enjoyed it. (Not near as much as Jenny though!)

We also went to Sam's tonight. While shopping, Luke really loud says "What is it today? Crazy hat day or something?" I wanted to hide behind an endcap of grass seed. Standing really close to us were two groups of Mennonites. One group of women had on their navy bonnets and the other group had on their white little head covers. Thankfully, no one looked our way.

I don't think I've mentioned on here that Luke is grounded from TV until the first of the year. He's not suppose to be upstairs in the playroom alone or watching TV up there. That is where he has control of the remote, so taking that TV away pretty much nixes his TV time.

Well, since the punishment was handed down I've been amazed at the kids. They play with each other.... and play nice. They build tents, color, play games, beg to go outside. I've heard Luke on many occasions ask Gracen to play with him. She's allowed to watch TV and its killing him knowing that. She does get her Playhouse Disney fill when he goes to school. So she is happy.

Just for the record...... Scott was home when Luke was grounded. Thank the Lord!!! And we are keeping the reasons he was grounded in the family. Someday at his wedding, we will tell what he did when he was 7 that almost ended his life.

Scott finally made it back to Tillman today. Six days of traveling. Poor guy. As much as I hate him being there, its nice to know he is where he should be and not traveling anymore. I can't believe its already been a week since he left. Thankfully, it has flown by and I'm hoping the next 18 go just as fast. ............ Yuck! 18 weeks sounds so far away!

We are also in official countdown mode to move. While Scott was home, we decided to start packing and decluttering the house to get ready to sell it. We rented a storage shed and I will slowly fill it with boxes I've packed and don't need here at the house. It feels good. I love packing things and saying to myself, "When I see these things again, Scott will be home and we will be in Texas."

We (really Scott) also decided we will move ourselves to Texas. Instead of having the army pay movers to pack and move us, the army will pay us to move ourselves. Just for the record, we have not moved ourselves since 1999..... way before kids and way before we had all this stuff.

I did have to agree with Scott that if we are going to declutter and since half the stuff in our house would be considered "clutter", I might as well pack the other half and get paid for it. It will make it easier to unpack as well. I always hate those first few days of unpacking when a company moves us. I can never find anything and they pack EVERYTHING. Its so hard to live those first few weeks when your house is in boxes like that.

So I'm sending out an invite to anyone and everyone who wants to visit Tennessee before we move. You are more than welcome to visit, just know you will be tasked to pack at least three boxes. Oh! And your entrance fee is a paper bag full of old newspapers for packing!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Well no one likes HSM3 as much as me!
Maybe we'll try to come visit you guys while we are in TN in December, if you are there. It sure would be nice to see Scott one day! If not, we'll be in TX soon I'm sure visiting my sister. Do you know where you are going to be moving to?