Yes, I'm slacking at this. I guess I'm really not interested in blogging lately. I do think of things throughout the day that I could blog about, but forget by the time I finally sit down at night.
I do have some random things I've been thinking about. These are in no particular order:
1. All of my friends have husbands home this month. 75% of 101st deployed soldiers are returning right now. This is wonderful since most have been gone almost 15 months. We were so fortunate not to fall into that schedule.
It is hard though. Some daddies are home for good others are home for R&R. I'm so thankful Scott came home last month. I can't imagine the anticipation the kid would be going through right now if we had not had our daddy time yet.
2. Gracen is a pill. She is testing me over and over again. I think I've spanked her more in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last two years. I know its my fault. She is very headstrong. (Hmmm? Wonder where she gets that?) She can whine for hours about one thing. Where Luke can talk you into seeing his side, Gracen just drives you nuts until you give her what she wants. I've been trying so hard to stay firm, but being the only parent right now makes it hard. She can't go bug Daddy for a while.... its me for those hours of whining.
Yes, I do send her to her room, swat her bottom or make her change her attitude, but again she wants what she wants and won't back down.
3. She is doing well in school. Her handwriting is so nice. The teacher keeps going on and on about how neat it is. I asked her last night to write her first and last name on a piece of paper. She wasn't entirely sure how to spell Davis, but Luke spelled it out. She wrote all the letters and did it correctly and neatly.
She also loves to draw. I had to change where I kept all my printer paper in the desk in the playroom. She was going through it quickly.
4. I'm extremely worried about selling our house. I don't know if I can take criticism from agents and buyers. For all its lack of storage and faulty construction, I love this house. Its ours. Everything I envisioned when we first moved in, Scott helped me accomplish. Maybe not the many layers of paint colors on several of the rooms, but he spent many an hour in Lowes listening to my ideas. Love you sweetie for that! And I can't wait to do it again in the next house! I know you can't wait! ;-)
5. Does this happen to anyone else? Cause it happens to me almost everytime. When I arrive at Walmart and look for parking, there is none. We have to trek across the parking lot. But 20 minutes later, as we return to the car, we pass empty parking space after empty parking space. The kids and I have started joking that we empty Walmart when we go in.
6. I'm tired. Luke has been crawling into bed with me the last few nights. No explanation here.
7. I have awesome friends here. I'm going to miss the relationships only a deployment can bring. These ladies will always be considered my dearest friends.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment