The kids have been crazy and testing me at every turn. I'm having daily run-ins with Luke. For example.... Saturday, we were at Walmart. Luke, in all his boyhood wisdom, convinced Gracen to yell out "peanuts" really loud. He immediately told on her without realizing that I would figure out he told her to do it. And if you don't understand what is so wrong with yelling this word out, try saying it out loud yourself.
Yeah, the boy is amazingly smart to come up with this one on his own. So smart he spent 30 minutes alone in his room when we got home. Turkey!
Last night, I was on the phone and went into my bedroom while they were eating to tell a friend about the Walmart experience. When I came out about 7 minutes later, Luke was standing on the kitchen table trying to hook his aluminum soda can on the chandelier. I was speechless. Why? Why, I ask, does he do these things and think its okay? I will never know.
The good news is he is doing well at school. He got his progress report on Friday. Here's the run down:
Social Studies.............. S
Language.................... B 89
Science..................... S
Handwriting................. NI (Needs Improvement)
Spelling.................... A 97
Reading..................... B 86
Math........................ A 94
Because he did so well, I told them we would go down to Nashville and see Madagascar on the IMAX. That was Friday. After the rough day Saturday, I promised that if he didn't behave at the mall on Monday we wouldn't see the movie. On the way to the Nashville mall Monday morning, he proclaimed that he "would try really, really hard to be good because he wanted this family to see Madagascar." And thankfully, we did. Gracen picked on him mercifully at the mall, but he was amazing at ignoring her. (Yes, I did get on to Gracen for picking on him.
Friday night, we had our friends William and Abby spend the night. It was their first sleep over so I was a little worried what the night would hold, but they did great. The kids played and played and played. Surprisingly, they left me completely alone. I was able to watch two movies that I've been wanting to see for a while. It was so nice. They ran up and down the stairs playing while I sat on the couch under a blanket. Love that!
Here are a few pictures from Saturday morning. I don't know what time the kids woke up. I was up by 8am and they had already destroyed the playroom and their rooms again.
The boys playing Star Wars...

This is how I found the girls. They laid like this for over an hour taking turns with the Leapster...

This is another busy week for us. We have a birthday party tonight. FRG meeting tomorrow. Thursdays are our crazy dance/tutoring days. Friday I have to stuff stockings for the soldiers. Then Friday night is parents night out. The good things is busy means time flies by and we LOVE THAT!
Here's a bonus picture of Ella. She loves finding a spot in my mound of clothes to lay in.


No comments:
Post a Comment