Thursday, November 20, 2008

What is that noise?

Late last night, I kept hearing a twirping sound. Anyone who knows me knows my hearing is less than stellar, so I knew whatever was making the noise needed attention.... the noise had to be loud if I could hear it!

So I crawled out of bed and stood in the hall waiting for the twirp. I heard it and checked the smoke detectors in the hall. Nope. All good. So I waited again.

I heard it and went into the living room. And waited. The sound was farther away.

So I went into my bedroom. And waited. I heard the twirp again and checked the detectors in my room. Nope. What was that noise?

So I went into the hall again. And waited. Went into Luke's room to check his detector and any toys he might have that might be stuck on "twirp" mode. Nope.

Next stop was Gracen's room. I waited. The sound was really loud in there. I looked up at her detector. She has vaulted ceilings and I couldn't imagine having to change that battery... especially at 1am in the morning. But nope.

But then I heard the twirp again. It was coming from the bed. No! No, it couldn't be my child making that noise! But yes, my sweet Gracie was twirping. As she breathed in and out her nose was whistling.

Nice, huh?

No comments: