I haven't talked to Scott in almost six days. That's a small time frame, but hard in that we are so close to being finished with this. I am getting random emails from him and I do appreciate those. I at least know he is okay when I get them.
I have to brag on myself a little bit. The kids and I completely finished their Valentine's Day cards last night. Yes, they had to write their classmates names on the cards, but I also had to do the expected "treat bag" that comes with holidays. Although, I have to admit those are kinda fun for me.
Gracen and I also made her Valentine's Day box this afternoon. She had no idea what to expect or what she was suppose to do. I thought it was funny when she thought the 8 quart empty storage container sitting on the kitchen table was the box we were going to decorate. She was a tad bit disappointed when I pulled out the small shoebox. And she had a fit when I took a exacto knife to the top of it to cut the mail slot. She did have fun covering it with stickers and carrying her stuffed animals around in it the rest of the night.
So yesterday, Luke came home and almost immediately confessed something to me. I hadn't looked at his homework spiral yet so I thought he was trying to beat me to the punch of finding out he got in trouble. (His teacher always jots down how the day went in his spiral. LOVE THAT!)
So anyway, he tells me while he was in computer class, he was typing on the computer and meant to type "sword". But while he was typing, he looked over at a friend of his and "accidentally" typed the letters "S - E - X".
Okay... so not what I was expecting.
I stood there for a few seconds trying to figure out what to say. Actually, I think I was in shock. I was trying to figure out what Scott would say if he was here. I couldn't come up with anything funny to make it not sound so big of a deal.
I asked him if anything came up on the computer screen when he typed it in. He thankfully said "No" that you had to click on more things to get to other screens.
Thank you, God!
I then asked him if he got in trouble for doing it. (I mean that is why he is tell me, right?) He said "No".
*Thank you, God!*
I'm sure a good parent would have sat down with their child and asked if they had any questions about the word spelled S-E-X. But I wasn't wearing that hat last night. I just told him if he wanted to have computer privileges he needed to be responsible about his actions on the computer. That the word wasn't something boys his age should be typing on computers... for that matter.... boys Daddy's age shouldn't be typing it either.
So that little story leads me to once again say...
I WANT MY HUSBAND HOME!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh Nikki...How are you doing this alone? What a story. For the record, I think you handled it beautifully. Scott will be home soon and you will be in Texas again where you all belong. Lisa
Post a Comment