I have this thing I do. Thankfully, I've learned other military wives do the same thing so I'm not completely crazy.
Obviously with the title of each entry and the clocks ticking away on the page, I like to count down. Well, my really weird thing is I count down the times left I have to do certain things before Scott gets home. Things like pay a certain bill, take the trash out, have the lawn mowed, endure our crazy Thursday nights, put gas in the car... you get the point. Anyway, all the last times I thought I did something that now I'm having to do again just remind me HE'S STILL NOT HOME!
And you know the most pitiful thing about my thinking process and him being delayed? Our milk will expired. It wasn't suppose to. Pathetic, huh?
I said before that I'm worried about this weekend. Its going to be so long. But I think I came up with an idea to pass some time. I'll have the kids make Welcome Home signs for the ceremony. The kids can create their own signs and choose what they want to put on them. I also had the idea to decorate the outside of a single soldier's house that lives around the corner from us. Just walking around Hobby Lobby will pass at least an hour by itself.
I'm also in the process of packing up the house. It feels good to pack a box and know I won't see those things again until we are in our next house. A house we won't have to move out of in a couple of years. A house we can entertain family in. A house where we can make traditions and keep them.
I am so excited about what the next few months hold for us. Its always exciting to move from military installation to military installation, but this is different. This is permanent. We will have Daddy with us for the long haul.
And we can't wait.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hang in there and keep busy this weekend!!
I've been following your blog and praying for your family almost since your husband deployed (hope that's okay!) We're praying for his (and all the other troops) safe return...please keep updating the blog after he gets home! Congratulations, and thank you Scott for faithfully serving our country so we are free to read and write blogs :)
Post a Comment