Today was crazy. Lawn people coming and going, phone ringing, errands to run and children in the midst of it all. They are fighting constantly. Luke is bored and pushing Gracen's buttons and Gracen is in whine overload. Me, I just wish I stayed in bed this morning.
This afternoon, I was talking to Gracen and I noticed some hair sticking straight up off the top of her head. I asked her if she had cut her hair and she said "no". It honestly wouldn't cross her mind to cut her own hair. Cut a piece of clothing or an important paper, but not her hair. I just chalked it up to new hairs growing in. Then as I was sweeping the kitchen floor this evening, I found a clump of hair on the floor...Gracen's hair. We first had a discussion of what is the truth and what is a story. Then I asked her if she cut her hair. She said "yes" and then went into a long story about cutting some paper and then stretching her arms and cutting her hair "like this" (showing me with movements). I then said what Scott has told her many times, "You are not allowed to cut your hair." And then I put all the scissors up high... where a 4 year old and a kitchen chair cannot reach. We will see how that works.
Luke has lost many of the pointy stylus things that go with his Nintendo DS. He has actually been using his finger the last few days because he couldn't find any. So I made him use his own money today and buy some more. They aren't cheap either. I finally found them at $7.99 for only 3 stylus. I told him if he lost those, he would either have to use his money to buy more or go without his DS for a while. Well, you guessed it. While I was sweeping (and finding Gracen's hair on the floor), I asked Luke if he put his stylus with his DS bag. He said "no" that he put them on the table. Same table Ella got onto this afternoon and I cleaned off just minutes prior. No stylus. He spent the next HOUR looking for them. Had no clue where they were. I finally (after talking to Gracen about cutting her hair) talked through with Luke every place he could have put them. As I started to pull out the trashcan to go through it, I asked Luke if he checked his pockets. Guess what? They were in his pocket! Such a boy! Who will very soon be broke from buying styluses!
As I was writing this, Luke came up crying. He misses Daddy. This week is going to be hard for him. No school and no Daddy. Hopefully, once we get back into a normal routine next week, he will settle in. But what is "normal" without Scott?
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment