Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Day 2

Another busy day. Last night, the kids and I were up really late so waking up early this morning was HARD. Julie came to get us and take us to battalion to pick up Scott's Jeep. That was depressing. Daddy's car sitting in the parking lot all by itself. It was nice to bring it home though.

Gracie said several times today how much she missed Scott. Luke has been really quiet as well. He started taking a new medicine last week and I don't know to blame the medicine for his mood or the stress of the last few days.... or maybe both.

He is mad at me. He's bored and tired of running around town with me. Today, he was so excited about going to see if his friend, Donte, from across the street could play outside. He stood at Donte's front door forever waiting for someone to answer. I called him back home and he was so upset they weren't home. I'm afraid they went somewhere for spring break. Thankfully, his friend Ty is coming over all day Thursday to play.

Tomorrow I've promised we would go swimming at the gym. I hated telling them so far in advance, but they kept asking what we were going to do tomorrow. I still have Uck-chay EEs-chay (as Scott and I call it) up my sleeve. I might have to take all three of them there on Thursday.

Its suppose to be beautiful Wednesday and Thursday. I'm hoping to finish cleaning up outside tomorrow. I pulled weeds today and fixed the play area. Luke and I also hung up a birdhouse on the fence. I meant to take a picture, but with dinner it got too dark out.

Luke did great on his flash cards today. There were even 6 new vocabulary words added to the stack and he knew 4 out of the six. I was impressed. He has also been reading things as we are out and about. Its fun to watch him discover things he never knew because he couldn't read.

Gracie has fallen asleep on the floor. Not too much longer and I'm not going to be able to carry her down these stairs to her bed. I'm off to put her to bed before she decides to wake up and stay up.

No comments: