Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 5 - After the fact

The party was awesome! I was *SO* nervous about 2 hours prior to it starting. The girl that was hosting it with me, still had not gotten off work. I had Gracen wanting to play WII and of course, I have no idea how to even turn WII on. But Wendy finally showed up around 5:15 and we pulled it all together... Bonus, Wendy knows WII. Food was great and the company was even better.

I did end up with lots of goodies...

Our theme for the party was "A Night for Whine". "Whine" in that we can all complain about our husbands leaving. Everyone brought their favorite wine. We served dinner and dessert. I tried to have everyone take whatever was left over and many did. But I was left with ALOT of alcohol. Scott, wish you were here to help me drink it. Actually, I will probably have several ladies over next weekend for lunch and we can finish it off.

I was planning on taking pictures last night, but was so busy I forgot. This is all that was left over this morning after I cleaned up. The beautiful flowers I arranged....

Gracie was our honorary guest last night. I thought the kids were going to stay over at a friends house so I gave my babysitter's number to another mom who wanted to come to the party. Then those friends went away for spring break. I didn't fret too much since Gracen and Luke can play pretty well by themselves upstairs. I was just going to send them upstairs for the night. Well, Gracie's entertainment got on a plane on Wednesday.

She was so upset no one was going to be with her upstairs so I decided to let her join the fun. I told her to put on her favorite dress and be on her best behavior. I even made up a nametag for her. She was so cute. Annoying in that she talked constantly, but no one seemed to mind. She was very proud of her daddy doll and had to show everyone her new Enchanted doll as well. I'm sorry, Giselle doll. (She always corrects me with the doll's name. I'm not allowed to call it her Enchanted doll.) Again, I wish I had gotten a picture of her last night all dressed up, but I stink so here she is this morning with her Giselle. She is also wearing clothes SHE picked out. She fights me tooth and nail every morning about what she is going to wear. This week I let her have free reign. She loves these tights. Will put them on at any chance....

Today (Day 6), I'm getting my hair cut. I'm excited because I'm so sick of the length and how heavy it is. I think Wendy (my friend and hairdresser) knows exactly what I want. Heaven knows I've been talking about it for months. I'll get Gracen to take a picture afterwards for tonight's blog.

No comments: