Gracie and I are missing Luke something awful. I can't wait to pick him up tonight at the airport. He's had some kind of head congestion so I know I'm going to pick up one worn out little boy.
I honestly have no idea all the things he has done in Texas. I knew about the zoo on Thursday, museum on Friday and Six Flags on Saturday. But I still can't explain an email I got from my brother with a video of Luke riding a bull. Or these two pictures of Luke. I'm assuming these are from Six Flags....


The sad thing is Luke is not a wealth of information. Granted we do have an hour ride home from the airport, but I can guarantee all I'm going to get out of him is he had fun and had a great time. No details. Thankfully, my dad and brother are sending CDs full of pictures. Maybe that will get some info out of the boy.
I did get my haircut yesterday. Not sure if I like it yet. I think I need some shorter layers. I think Wendy was afraid to cut too much off. She told me to give it a week and if I still want it shorter, she'll trim it up Saturday.
After cutting my hair, I spent the rest of the evening at the ER. Yes, Scott has only been gone 6 days and I end up in the ER. Who knew I was going to be the first! I thought for sure it would be Luke. (I'm still betting on a broken arm this deployment.) Anyway, Wednesday my big toe started hurting. I put it off and called Thursday for an appointment. No appts until the next week. Because I'm diabetic, the advice nurse told me to go to the ER. Well, with my party on Friday, I had NO time to go sit in the ER. Plus, all of the people I would usually have watch Gracen were out of town for spring break.
After wearing slippers for 3 days because shoes hurt too bad, my friend Wendy said she'd take Gracen while I went to the hospital. Thank goodness! I was in pain! I went to the first ER and after being there an hour, a nurse came out and said it would be another 4 hour wait if you weren't critical. I knew my silly big toe was not high on the critical list so I left and went to the ER on post. I sat there for 3.5 hours. Thankfully, it took less than 30 minutes for them to diagnose, give me a shot of antibiotic and get meds.
I also realized today I need to sign up for text message service through our carrier. I think I sent and received over 25 just today. I almost NEVER used text when Scott was here. But I have found text is just easier sometimes. Scott thinks I am crazy. But I reminded him how much many of my friends can talk. He concurred and said to call Sprint and up our plan. YAY!


1 comment:
Well now that you sent me the link to your blog I am all caught up! It's nice to hear about your lives and what you are up to. Hang in there and call me if you need to talk or vent or whatever!
Post a Comment