Yes, I took my little boy and put him on a plane all by himself. I didn't know if my emotional state would get through it, but I knew it was for the best. Luke needed to be entertained and have his mind off things here at home.
My brother called me this morning and because Luke was having such a hard time, asked if I'd be willing to ship him down to them for a few days. I was a little hesitant, but knew this week was not going to get any better for the little man. He had a hard time last night and I had a hard time helping him myself. So I sent him to TX for some extra loving.
Here's the best part about me telling him he was going on a plane to TX.... The first thing he asked was "What about Gracie?". After I told him Gracie was too little to fly, he said "Well, I'm not going to tell her. You tell her." Such a boy! A sweet brother, but still a silly boy.
Then the second best thing that happened this morning was I had his suitcase on his bed so I could pack as I found things. I left his room for about 5 minutes and when I came back in, he had stuffed his bag full of clothes and his daddy doll sat right on top of it all. He wasn't about to leave it behind.
She was not happy Bubbie was going on a airplane. She "never been on a airplane before". Believe me, I heard this over and over all day. I kept telling her when she is six she can go on a plane by herself. But I'm hoping with everything that I have that when she's six we will be in Texas and flying cross country to see family won't be an issue!
She was so funny after Luke's plane started taxiing away from the terminal. She said "There goes my Bubbie.... with all of mommy's gum." Can you tell she was upset that I gave Luke the last 2 pieces of my gum for the flight? She does love her brother though. While we were walking out of the airport, she asked me who was going to wrestle with her now. Poor baby! Daddy leaves and then I ship Luke to Texas. Who is going to wrestle with her now? I guess Luke will have to make it up when he gets back.


No comments:
Post a Comment