Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I'm sick! I've been so busy running around and cleaning the house that I've been ignoring it. But I know if I sat down for any length of time I would absolutely crash!
I've got this Open House tomorrow and I hope I make it through. Thankfully, we have nothing planned the entire weekend so I will Nyquil up tomorrow night and hopefully kick this thing. What really makes me mad is I got the Flu shot on Tuesday and I've felt "off" ever since then. I woke up at 2am Wednesday morning FREEZING. My teeth were chattering and I couldn't get warm. I put on socks, sweatpants and a sweatshirt and still couldn't stop shivering. I ended up putting Gracen - aka heat machine - in bed with me and was finally able to go to sleep around 4am. I haven't fully recovered from that. But today, I can totally feel the yuckiness taking over.
I have really quick funny story to tell about me. Luke and I were at Sam's last night shopping for food. I was walking down an aisle and something caught my eye so I wasn't really paying attention to where I was walking when *BAM* I ran right into a steel column with the shopping cart. Well, the first thing I did was look around to see if anyone else saw me. Thankfully, I didn't see anyone and I was able to laugh at myself all alone.
Well, about 15 minutes later, I was on the other side of the store when I pass a couple shopping in the same aisle. The man leans in when I pass him and very quietly says "Don't think you got away with that hit and run without anyone seeing you." I about died. I laughed so hard Luke just stood there and stared at me like I had grown another head. I told them that yes I thought I was alone in my act and I was relieved I didn't have one of the kids in the cart because they would definitely have whiplash. It was nice to have an unexpected belly laugh with strangers in the middle of Sam's.
I'm excited that today Luke got into the after school reading program at school! He will go an extra hour three days a week. I'm not entirely sure what it entails, but I do know its three additional hours he gets reading help a week.... and at no additional cost to us! I know this will only help him become more fluent with his reading! YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
hope you are feeling better. Really enjoy keeping up with you guys. Glad you'll be seeing scott soon. much love from irving. - the morrisons
Post a Comment