Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 200!

Wow! It feels great typing that. It is a definite milestone in this deployment.

Scott left Kuwait this morning (our time) and will be in Atlanta Friday morning. We will be meeting him at the Nashville airport sometime after that.

Since I know Scott won't read this until he now gets home, I'll tell something about our sweet Gracie. She doesn't want to miss school tomorrow to pick up her Daddy. She was so upset today when I told her Scott would be home tomorrow around lunch time.

To give her some credit, they are having Fall Fun Day tomorrow and that is all she has talked about the past week. They are having a picnic, having pumpkin rolling races, face painting and I'm sure all kinds of other things. The idea of driving to the airport does not measure up to her right now.

Originally, Luke was the one who didn't want to ride in the car the hour to the airport. He said it was boring and wanted me to go by myself and just bring Daddy home to him. This from the boy who thinks writing his name takes too much effort. Now he can't wait to go because 1. he is missing Scott like mad and 2. the idea of missing half a day of school is very appealing to him.

So I'm still not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow. If it weren't for Luke's spelling test and Gracen's Fun Day, I would keep them both out of school. I'd love to hit the Mills shopping center and wait for the phone call while we shop. The Mills is just minutes from the airport and it would take alot of stress off me knowing we were so close. So the verdict is still out what I will do. It really all depends on what Scott tells me tomorrow when he lands in Atlanta.

Thankfully, I am feeling much better! I went to MOPS this morning and was wondering if I had made a mistake going. But by the time it was over I was feeling good and was able to run some last minute errands with Gracen.

So tomorrow's the big day and this family cannot wait to see each other again!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I'm sure you are just beside yourself! Have a wonderful time with Scott and I pray that it goes by at a slugs pace.