Still sick. My poor children were stuck at home the entire beautiful weekend with their zombie mother. Over the last 36 hours, I've probably slept 28 of those. I slept over 12 last night (thank you, Nyquil!) and after being up just one hour this morning, went back to sleep on the couch for another 7.
Thankfully, I had tons of food left over from my party on Friday so the kids were able to fend for themselves with fruit, raw veggies (which they love) and sandwiches. Yes, my kitchen was a disaster when I finally woke up tonight, but that's okay.
I didn't hear from Scott today so I'm hoping that is good news. He was suppose to catch a flight to his next stop of many to get home. I'm still hoping he makes it home by Friday. I'm also hoping this nastiness I'm fighting will be gone by then.
Even though she doesn't read this, I have to thank Amy for bringing dinner over tonight for us. I couldn't even tell you what I said to her.... other than "Don't look at my kitchen!" I was still a little comatose when she knocked on the door. It was wonderful to have something besides peanut butter and jelly that I didn't have to make. And her homemade cookies were to die for!
Please pray that Scott has a easy, quick trip home and the kids and I can patiently wait for the call to pick him up at the airport. I'm ready to have him home again and have that weight on my heart be gone for a couple of weeks. I know it will be back when he leaves again, but it will be nice to breathe easy for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment