For the last few weeks, I've been going through the kids' clothing and toys getting ready for a consignment sale this coming week. I've got everything hung, pinned and tagged, but took another look in closets this afternoon to see if I missed anything that is no longer used. Boy did I find something....
I was excited to find Luke's backpack from kindergarten. He only used it that one year and it is in great shape. It was shoved in the back of his closet and I hadn't seen it in forever.
As I have done with all of their clothing and coats, I opened all the zippers and pockets to make sure nothing was left behind. Boy was I in for a surprise.
Now remember. Luke has not used this backpack in over a year. A year and 3 months to be exact. Its been in his closet for that long.... and so has his sack lunch from his last day of kindergarten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CANNOT believe it didn't stink up my house. Well, maybe it did and I didn't notice. But there was something in it that I couldn't even recognize. All I know is it is now green and very furry. If I had to bet, I'd say the core of an apple. I thought about taking pictures, but I decided that was too cruel.
Then just hours after I found that lovely surprise, I sat doing homework with him. He had a worksheet he had to finish. Well, my job was to wipe the drool off the worksheet as it landed from his mouth. He would not keep his mouth closed and not drool!
The joys of motherhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment