I've found myself constantly frustrated with the kids, multitasking when I should be sitting paying full attention to Luke, exhausted, not taking my blood sugars, not working out and running from meeting to meeting to appointment to stuff for the kids. Scott has been worried about me for a while and over the past few days he's said some things that really made me realize I'm overextended and I need to slow down.
So I sent off emails this morning and made some calls. Thankfully, everyone understands how military/deployment life is and how being a "single" mom can really throw a wrench into plans. I am truly surrounded by great friends who understand my children come first.
I am still going to continue with my Uppercase Living endeavor. It is something I hope to take to Texas with me and be extremely happy doing. I had a booth yesterday at the Officer Spouse's Luncheon and I got a great response. It made me even more excited about the product. I also realized this will be a great outlet to help people decorate their homes and give my creativity an outlet.
So tonight I feel better. Scott comes home in a little over 20 days. I have less outside things to worry about and work around. I've made a long list of things to do around the house.... and it feels good. I haven't made a list like that in a long time and as funny as it sounds I'm going to really enjoy checking things off of it. I'll enjoy it because I'll be home... with the kids... getting ready for Scott to be with us.
Here are some pictures of my table at the luncheon. I still have several things I have ordered and am working on. Every time I come up with an idea about something to create, I immediately have to back up because finding the material is easy if I lived in Texas, but not so much here. I'm going to have a field day the next time I go to Canton! I can't wait!
I found this piece of board at the Habitat for Humanity store here in town. It is actually a drawer front. I got it and 4 others in different sizes for less than $2.50. I just painted it and put the expression on it. Very "simple" and looks great!
Here are pictures from Abby and William's birthday party Wednesday night. The kids had a great time. They'd been looking forward to JumpZone since they found out where the party was going to be. Both Luke and Gracen were up at the crack of dawn Wednesday morning because they were so excited about the party that night.
We love this sweetie!
It is wonderful to have Wil home for R&R!
.... even if he did forget all his social skills in Iraq.


No comments:
Post a Comment