I just looked at the R&R countdown and it says 25 days! My stomach literally did a flip! The kids and I are so excited about Scott coming home.
I do have to admit that I'm worried about him coming home this soon in the deployment. Last deployment he came home over 7 months in. We will just hit 6 when he gets here next month. 3 months was super easy last time.... 6 to 9 won't be this time. Especially with the anticipation of moving.
I trust that God will have his hand in all we do over the next year. When Scott will get home, how fast we sell the house, the job Scott will find, where we will eventually end up. So many variables that really the only thing to keep me sane is keep my eyes firmly on Christ and know he is in control.
Luke's teacher was not able to call me last Friday. She did send home a note apologizing for not calling and assuring me she will now have Luke sit with her during his tests and ask for help when he needs it.
He told me when we talked about this that before his teacher told them it was a test and they couldn't ask for help with the answers. Of course, she was talking about answering the questions not READING the questions. So Luke would sit there and not ask for help with words he did not understand.
I got a note from Gracen's teacher on Friday. It said she was a very smart girl. That she makes friends easily, is the first to answer questions and already knows the schedule. The only thing the teacher commented negatively on was that we needed to work on her saying "I" instead of "Me" in her sentences. EASIER SAID THAN DONE! Believe me!
The teacher also commented last week that Gracen was quite the talker. She warned me that if Gracen came home complaining about standing at the wall, it will be because of her talking. Supposedly there is a little boy named Landon that Gracen has fallen for. Ms. Michelle said Landon and Gracen are ALWAYS together. "Connected at the hip" she said. They sit at the same table and talk all the time.
Here is a video from Luke's game on Saturday. For some reason the quality isn't very good, but its taken me two days to upload it to YouTube so I'm not going to worry about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment