I got a note from Luke's teacher this afternoon. She said Luke had an "interesting day" and that she will call me tomorrow about "his behavior". Great. She obviously doesn't know me *OR* my son very well. I can't go an entire night not knowing what went on today. And heaven knows Luke isn't about to tell me. All I got out of him was he "got behind on a worksheet, turned it in, then played a game". That's it. Nothing else. Nada.
And then after having a very short conversation with my son, I opened up his take home folder. He failed every worksheet in it. One I even had to sign so the teacher would know I saw it. Luke did tell me that was the worksheet he got behind on. Which really does explain alot.
So Luke and I went over all those worksheets tonight and he corrected what he missed. Then we did his homework for tomorrow. THEN I wrote the teacher a note. I can't wait to talk to her tomorrow and figure out how to help poor Luke. He and I are both just beat down after nights like tonight.
Thankfully, tonight was very different than last night. After dropping the girls off at church and having to miss his soccer practice because of it, Luke and I went to his favorite place in town.... Dairy Queen. And he ordered whatever he wanted....

....and I, unfortunately, helped him eat it. (by the way, when I googled to get that picture, the nutrition info for that monster came up.... YIKES!) We had a great time sharing it though. I wish I had a picture of him walking out of the restaurant. He was covered in chocolate from head to toe and smiling from ear to ear.
I'll try and update tomorrow about my conversation with the teacher. I have to work the consignment sale while Gracen is at school. Then tomorrow night its Parent's Night Out for MOPS. Obviously, there are lots of us without dates so a huge group is going to the Japanese restaurant that I love. I'm super excited about that.
Speaking of super excited... Wil is coming home for R&R tomorrow. He's been in Iraq for 351 days. I'm so excited for Amy and the kids. Also in two weeks, Nate comes home "forever" as Gracen says. Paige and the girls have been without him for the dreaded 15 month deployment. I can't wait to see that family together!
And because I'm all over the place tonight. Please remember my friend Reagan in your prayers. She has been evacuated from her home in the Gulf Coast area. I can't even imagine what they are going through right now.


No comments:
Post a Comment