The kids are doing great. Luke is plugging along and enjoying school. I believe his teacher has a lot to do with that. I thank God for her everyday when Luke comes home excited about the day he had.
Gracie is keeping me busy as well. The girl does not know how to clean up her messes to save her life. Well, if there is something in it for her, than she is amazing, but just tell her to clean up and she collapses in a worthless heap.
I went to the consignment sale last night and came home with a TON of stuff for the kids. Piles of clothes and a huge bin full of games and toys. Before I even showed the kids the bin, I told them they had to earn these toys. They have to prove to me they know how to take care of toys because lately it is not happening.
I told them if they could keep the playroom and their bedrooms clean for 5 days, they could have their toys. That means clean when they go to bed at night and no piles of toys all over the place. I couldn't even tell you how many times Gracen has asked me when they can get their toys. Countless. I finally marked it on the calendar.
And Luke..... only Luke would try to negotiate the days with me. He exhausts me. Remember the M&M trick with his homework? Today he wasn't doing so hot with his homework. His attitude was lousy. Instead of trying to change his attitude and do his homework without complaining, he spent at least 5 minutes trying to negotiate M&Ms out of me. Guess who didn't get any M&Ms tonight?
.... Okay, he got 4, but only because he did so good at tutoring. NOT because of how he acted this morning, at the doctor's or tonight at dance. Today at the doctor's he was being so disrespectful, I made him sit on a little baby couch in the children's play area for timeout. What made this so funny was there was a little bitty girl who was flirting with Luke the whole time he was throwing his fit. He was trying to "punish" me while trying to stay away from this little girl who kept smiling at him. Then she sat next to him on the couch. He was smart enough not to move to far off his timeout spot. But OH was it funny!
I took him to the doctor today because of a blister on the bottom of his foot. He asked me last night if the doctor was going to pop it. I told him I wasn't sure, but if he did it would make it feel better. He wasn't believing a word of it.
As soon as the doctor saw the blister, he pulled out a needle. Thankfully, he called in a nurse to help him as well. Luke crawled all the way up the examining table and tucked both his legs under him. He was determined not to let them have his foot. Finally, after some coaxing by the nurse, he let her have his foot to hold. But he did not lay quietly. He kicked his other leg, squirmed, cried and moaned. After about 45 seconds of him doing this, the nurse let go of his foot and told him it was all over. He was shocked. He didn't even realize they had poked him. Oh how I was laughing.
This week is extremely busy. I have meeting or appointments every day. Even Saturday we have a soccer game and the battalion picnic.... and that's the easy day! LOL!
Here are a few picture from Luke's game this past week. I tried to get video, but my battery was running low and the video didn't turn out as clear as I thought. Then I forgot about charging it and had no battery at all for Gracen's ballet tonight. So goes my life.
Unbeknownst to me, before the game, Gracen crammed her backpack full of toys to take to the game. I normally let her take a couple of things, but she went crazy this time. This is how she sat during the whole game. (hint, hint Daddy)


No comments:
Post a Comment