Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 73

Scott has a NEW ADDRESS now! I've updated it to the right. He's not at his final destination yet, but I plan on sending a box tomorrow. At this new place, it will take longer for things to get to him. My hope is for this box to make it there around Father's Day. That would be ideal.

I forgot to talk about meeting with Luke's counselor yesterday. It went really well. I was very happy with myself and the information I received from the counselor. I went in with several things I want for Luke this coming year and left with her support. She will make sure he has a very strong 2nd grade teacher with excellent communication skills. I don't want to spend next year one step behind the curve always trying to catch him up. It makes for one unhappy little boy.

He LOVED camp today. He got to shoot the BB gun and is super excited about going tomorrow. He's also excited because we went to Walmart tonight and I let them both pick out whatever cereal they wanted. Silly, I know. But we are a Cheerios family and the craziest we get is Fruity Pebbles for Daddy. So they were both super excited about picking "sugary fun" cereals! Its funny how the hope of breakfast can change an entire evening and I'm sure make tomorrow morning go more smoothly.

Ella is still alive. She hasn't shown any signs of swallowing splintered bones. Thank God! I have been watching her closely. Ever time we come home, I find myself holding my breath as we walk in the door. I can't wait to see her up and excited to see us. So thankfully that crisis was diverted. Now if I could only teach the kids to completely close the pantry door so the silly dog can't open it and get into the trash.

Today was a little better in the tattling department. The kids didn't spend time in their rooms. Gracen was unusually helpful and sweet. Luke was super tired from the last few days. I think the combination of both of those made for an enjoyable evening. They weren't picking on each other relentlessly.

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I'm super excited and just know my world is about to change for the better. I'll post pictures tomorrow!

No comments: