Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 89

DADDY CALLED TODAY! 16 days is a long time with no communication! It was a very short phone call. He just called to say he was safe and would try and call in the next 24 hours. Thank goodness! Now I just hope when he does call, I'm not somewhere that I can't hear or talk to him.

While I went to pick up my dress this morning in Fort Worth, my dad took the kids (all by himself) to breakfast. I knew there were going to be stories to tell when he got back. I promise I did not hear my cell phone ring the many times he called. Poor dad told Gracen he would take her to get waffles this morning and waffles is what she wanted. Well, the place didn't have waffles and she was not going to give in. After trying several times to call me and giving Gracen many different options to choose for breakfast, he ordered them both french toast. Nana and I both could have told him neither like french toast. The funniest part about this morning is they ended up eating bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios at the restaurant. This is so funny because before we got here Dad bought a bulk size box of Honey Nut Cheerios for them to eat at the house. So my Dad is experiencing Gracen at her finest!

Tonight we went to a hot air balloon festival. It was hot, but the kids had a great time. And I got a ton of colorful pictures!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Aaron has been back and forth to Walt Disney World the last few weeks for work. When he left earlier this week, he said he would bring the kids back mouse ears. They (especially Gracen) could not wait. When she found out he was coming over tonight, she immediately said, "I hope he has some mouse ears!" I hoped he had them as well. And he didn't fail us! Thanks Uncle Aaron for bringing a little of Disney World to us!


(Yes, that is a dog tush in the picture. We finally gave up trying to keep the dogs out of the shot.)

Tomorrow is the bridesmaids tea and the bachlorette party! Luke is going with Papa to the beginning of the bachelor party at the horse races. Should be another fun filled day. ***crossing my fingers I get to talk to Scott***

No comments: