Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 74




This is what I got today that is going to make life better for me. Actually I got two of them.... one for each ear.

I was so nervous when I went to my appointment this morning. I had no idea what to expect. The audiologist walked me through everything and made sure I was comfortable with the pieces and the sounds I was experiencing with them in. I have to say, I was shocked how loud everything is. She told me my brain has to relearn all the everyday sounds I've gone who knows how long not hearing. She said the hearing aids and my brain will acclimate over the next few weeks.

Like I said, I really had no idea what to expect with wearing hearing aids. When she first put them on me, things were so loud and even worse, I could hear myself talking. After a few minutes, I asked "Is it suppose to sound like everything is going into a microphone?" She looked at me with a grin and said, "Everything is going through a microphone!" That was my completely dumb question for the day!

Here are a few things that have caught my attention today...
1. My flip flops. They are so loud flopping when I walk.
2. The turn signal clicker in the car.
3. The air conditioner blowing in the car.
4. Clothes tumbling in the dryer.
5. The wind.
6. The refrigerator.
7. Gracen's talking. I noticed today she talks ALOT to herself.
8. Luke's talking. Today I figured out he quietly says little things to Gracen to aggravate her. Nice!


I took this picture about an hour ago. I went to change into my pajamas and told the kids to get into bed. This is what I found when I opened Gracen's door. Yes, they didn't mind me worth a flip, but seeing them like this was so sweet. This picture says so much about them.

1. They love each other.
2. They do enjoy playing and being together.
3. These handheld games are their favorite!
4. The picture on Gracen's night stand tells that Daddy is everywhere in our home. They can't go into a room without seeing his face.
5. Luke loves the jersey Uncle Aaron gave him. Its his normal bedtime attire.
6. The tattoo on Luke's arm also says alot! They put tats on themselves over the weekend. That was 5 days ago! What does he do in the shower?
7. Gracie loves her Disney dolls. She sleeps with this huge pile of them. I love how Pip is nicely tucked under the covers.
8. Luke's DS is plugged into the wall. He always leaves that silly thing on and it runs down the batteries.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I'm glad that you will be able to hear now...I guess! Sometimes I would love for the girls to be on mute!

Sign2Jill said...

Yeah, Nikki! The hard part is over! :)