You are an amazing father. I love how I see you in our children. Their humor, their kindness and patience. I love how Luke is so considerate to me and goes out of his way to hug me or tell me he loves me. That is you, Scott. He learned that from you.
I think about how you have gone above and beyond for our family. We have never wanted for anything. You come home from a 12 hour work day and still help with dinner and put the kids to bed. You never think twice when I need to go out and leave the kids with you.... you actually enjoy it!
Your sacrifice for our country. The joy you get helping the ailing Afghan people. I love that I know as soon as you are able, you will call us.
I never doubted you would be a great father. I just didn't realize how great of a father you would be. How much our children would adore you. How much I would respect you and after 13 years still wonder how I got so lucky!
Happy Father's Day! We are always thinking about you and hoping for the phone to ring.


No comments:
Post a Comment