Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 75

It was Family Day at Cub Scout camp. After waiting FOREVER in the line to drop him off this morning, Gracie and I ran home, took Ella to the groomers, picked up lunch and went back to the park. We had a great time with Luke! It was nice to see him enjoying himself.

It was also funny to watch the boys during lunch. They were wheeling and dealing to trade or share foods. One kid was very impressive! He was very polite though. He leaned over and asked Luke what his last name was. When Luke told him, the boy leaned into me and said, "Mrs. Davis, would you like some of my pistachio nuts?" Very polite... yet a strange thing, if you ask me, to put into a child's lunch.

He also had a container full of cucumbers sliced really small. It was filled with juice. The way he was going at it, I thought it was honey dew melon. After he drank all the juice, I asked him what it was and he told me cucumbers. I love me some cucumbers, but YUCK on drinking the juice. I guess I'm just an old fashion peanut butter and jelly sandwich with chips and an apple kind of mom.

Also at lunch, Gracen kept calling Luke "Bubbie". At first I thought it was embarrassing him. Finally one of the boys asked Luke why she called him that. Luke said, "That's the only thing she's allowed to call me. She'll never be old enough to call me Luke." The boys sat and processed that information for a second and then went right back to wheeling and dealing for the swiss rolls.

Here are pictures from today. Gracen had a great time and was so excited to join in the fun with her brother.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Here's a few from this afternoon at home. I couldn't get Ella to stop barking after we brought her home from the groomer. Finally, I figured out her water bowl was empty. That's one of Luke's chores so he pulled the chair up to the sink to clean and fill the bowl. Ella decided she just couldn't wait for him to be done....


No comments: