The sunflowers before we left for Texas...
Moving up the ladder...
Flat Daddy thrilled he gets to go with us...
We were making pretty good time until we hit a wreck. We sat at a dead stop for over 45 minutes. And we were only 2 hours from being there. Thankfully, no one had to go to the bathroom or was screaming for a drink...
This is how Ella sat the entire trip. On Mom's lap...
Finally we made it there and the next morning had breakfast with Uncle Aaron and Jen...
Now here's the few pictures I took of the inside of that house yesterday. I was thinking of Grandpa Stan when I took these. I wish he could have seen this room. It was an African trophy room. Although there were no actual "trophies", but the ceilings were two stories high and all wood paneling with lights. They were just waiting for heads to be mounted there. Here is the carved mantle with tusks on each side...
Instead of beadboard, this is what went around the bottom of the walls. Its marble and real zebra skin...
The lighted (YES LIGHTED!) staircase...
Standing on the stairs, this is the front door...
Across from the bottom of the stairs is this hallway to the kitchen. You know your normal everyday hallway.
The kitchen was wonderful! Huge island and candle chandlier...
The dining room. Notice the oil painting on the ceiling...
View of the bridge and pond...
Swingset and trampoline...
Front of house...
Today the kids went to VBS and then I took them into Dallas to get Gracen's flowergirl dress. Unfortunately, she grew out of the other one I bought. I like this one much better though. The kids have been really good shopping over the past few days. I know its been rough on them, but they needed to be with me because I was buying for them. And I don't have time or the money for gas to exchange if shoes, pants or dresses don't fit.
Anyway, they were at their limit today. I made the mistake of telling them this was the last thing we needed to buy and no more shopping after this trip. I also promised ice cream if they behaved. Well, they did pretty good and ended up getting the ice cream. BUT their arguing pushes me over the edge. This is just a tidbit of one of the arguments this afternoon.
Me: You guys are fighting like cats and dogs. Be nice to each other.
Luke: Like cats and dogs? I want to be the cat.
Gracen: No! Me want to be the cat!
Luke: I said it first. I'm the cat.
Gracen: Me don't want to be the dog. Me the cat. Mommy!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment