Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 80

This week is flying by! I can't believe its time to leave for Texas. I've been looking forward to this for several months now. Well, I've been looking forward to this wedding for many years, but that's a moot point.

I went to my meeting this morning. My hearing aids were awful! I had to take them out half way through. I could hear people far away from me, but not the person standing right next to me whispering. I was asking people to repeat themselves more than I would without the aids. I felt like I was in a long tunnel and everything was echoing as well.

We went to the library yesterday for storytime and again I had to take the aids out. Everything was way too loud. The kids were sitting putting puzzles together and the noise of the pieces clicking was too much. And the children's section was filled with crying babies and noisy toddlers and my head started to ache. Thankfully, I have an appointment with the audiologist in the morning so she can hear my likes and dislikes and adjust things if needed. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but I can't wear these in many of my daily situations.

We did go to the library yesterday. Luke went into his program for school age kids where a Mad Scientist showed them all kinds of experiments. Gracen, Nana and I went into the under four storytime where we listened to books and sang. Here is Nana reading to Gracen while we waited for Bubbie to get out of his program....


After the library, we took the kids to ChickFilA to play and then back home. Mom and I watched P.S. I Love You last night where I cried like a baby through the entire thing. Not a movie to watch while your husband is in a war zone! I loved the movie, but promised myself next time I watch it, Scott will be sitting right next to me.

Mom stayed with the kids today while I went to my meeting. They played in the water sprinkler in the backyard and made brownies. As soon as I got home we left for Sears to get the tires rotated, balanced and the oil changed..... so I thought.

After I got through in the auto center at Sears, Luke and I walked out to find Mom and Gracen. This is how I found them.....


Gracen was exhausted and it took me almost 30 minutes to set up to get 4 new tires, an alignment and oil change. Gracen ended up falling asleep in Mom's arms so Mom went and found the nearest chair to wait in. Yes, the girl was snoring... loudly!

Scott, I'm sure I did everything wrong today. Yes, I had to get another set of tires put on the Durango. Our alignment was totally out of whack and all four tires were worn out on the outside. Well, 3 were on the outside and one on the inside. When the lady explained to me what was wrong, she followed it up with "I hope you aren't planning any long trips in the near future." She said the tires were almost down to the metal and could split at any time. She felt so bad for me. I know she saw my stomach almost come up my throat when she told me the news. I kept asking her questions and finally after she answered them all she said, "Do you want to call someone and talk to them about this.... maybe your husband?" Thankfully, I didn't start crying... I mean that is what credit is for, right?

Anyway, she told me as soon as I get back from Texas to bring the truck back in and they would check the alignment again and rotate the tires. She told me to make sure she is there when I bring it in so she could look at the tires and make sure there isn't something else going on with the truck. I was told after they aligned it that it checked out fine, but we will see after I drive almost 3000 miles. And if you are wondering, I didn't feel like I was being played. I thought that at first, but she honestly felt bad for me and kept trying to get me to go out and have her show me the tread on the tires. Scott, you know me.... I could care less. If someone tells me its not safe and we could have a tire blow out and be stuck somewhere that is all it takes.

We are officially in packing mode at the Davis house. I HATE PACKING! And this trip is unique in that we have bridemaids' luncheon, rehearsal dinner and a wedding to pack clothes for. I think I'm just packing all of Gracen's fancy dresses.

Okay... off to star another load of laundry and pack Ella's essentials. We have a ton of errands to run tomorrow so the kids are gonna love me! All day in the car tomorrow and then again on Friday! WooHoo!

1 comment:

Sign2Jill said...

Those are common hearing aid complaints among new users.

With my new hearing aid patients, I always keep the devices very soft lest they think they're too loud. :) I will have them come in every two-weeks and turn them up a little bit each visit.

Once they get used to them, they're usually begging me to turn them up all the way!!!

Hang in there. If you still dislike them in two-weeks, you can always return them and request something different. Email me and I'll be happy to make some recommendations.

P.S. I can't believe it's been 80-days since Scott left! You're doing great with keeping up the blog! Love you!