Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Days 77 to 78

I recieved a not so nice email from my most avid reader. In it I was told I'm not allowed to stop all blogging because my mother is in town. There are other people out there wanting to know what is going on in the Davis House. So this is for you Dad....


We have been taking it very easy for the last couple of days. I feel kinda bad we aren't entertaining Mom. This is honestly the most relaxed and uneventful week I've had planned in months. I only have one meeting and one doctor's appointment!

Mom has actually been keeping Luke busy. They've been reading books galore. Its funny to sit and watch from a different view. Luke reads so much better for someone else. He doesn't sit and fight and argue with her. Well, he never just "sits" he is wiggling at all times. Even for Mom. Hopefully, having a different person read with Luke will help him over the next couple of weeks.



Yesterday, we took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda. Such a cute movie! Luke and I laughed through the whole thing. I really like Jack Black and Luke thought the humor was hilarious. He was a giggle box the entire movie. At one point, I had to tell him to calm down his laughing. It was definitely a boy's movie. All the kung fu fighting and action was perfect for Luke. And yes, Gracen and Mom enjoyed it as well.

I've been working on a wine label these last few days. I got a surprise last Friday. Some random person at the Public Affairs Office at Fort Campbell made a label for us. I am really upset that someone took this from me. Its been four years and no one has even considered doing a label for our brigade. I finally take the initiative and do all the leg work to get the ball rolling and some Joe Smoe makes a dumpy label for us. I've been waiting on the Brigade Commander to write a letter of authorization for the winery to accept a label from us. All I wanted was a letter. Instead, I get a label. Can you tell I'm not happy about this?

So I contacted the BC's wife and asked if I can design another option for the wine label. She said there is no guarantee the BC will want another option, but I can put one together if I had the time. Well, I made the time! And thankfully I had my Mom here to bounce ideas off of.

So I'll first show you the crappy label Joe Smoe came up with....

***DELETED BECAUSE ITS SUPPOSE TO BE A SECRET*** (rolling eyes here)

Then here are the two I came up with (with Mom's help, of course)...

***DELETED BECAUSE BC DOESN'T HAVE AN INKLING OF TASTE!***

No comments: