Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 114

Sorry, I know I've been slacking at this lately. Our summer days are just not that interesting. Unless, of course, you would like to hear all of the things the kids fight about during the day or how many different ways Luke tortured Gracen. Then I could fill the page up.

We've been going to the gym alot lately. I'm trying to get back into a routine and get the kids to the pool as much as possible.

I did tame the flowerbeds yesterday. It took me at least 5 hours to clear out all the weeds and control our morning glories. It was not an easy task. Even the lawn guy made a comment today about how I was busy this week clearing the overgrowth. Now I just need to spend the time and clean the house. I'm not motivated at all. Maybe I need to plan on having a bunch of people over this weekend. That will get me in gear and this house clean!

Here's some pictures from the last few days. One is the kids upstairs in some kind of tent watching TV. The next few are of them playing in the water sprinklers yesterday while I pulled weeds.





I rented some books on CD for our trip to Texas. Somewhere I lost track or mispacked one of the book CDs. I can't find it anywhere. Well, I called the library today and was told to replace the CD, it would cost me $110! Can you believe that?!?!?! She also told me I could buy the CD on my own and give it to them, but I would be charged a $10 fee for them to repackage it. Well, after scouring my house once again, I jumped online and found the CD for $28. Why in the world does the library charge such an outrageous price? Obviously it is to get customers to replace a lost item themselves. But still... $110!!!!

So let me tell you a little about my daughter today..... In an hour and half she scared the crap out of me twice and tested my limits to no end. First, we were at Walmart. She was standing across the aisle pushing the buttons on those CD listener machines while I looked at something. I could see her. Well, I was concentrating on something else and she disappeared. DISAPPEARED! For at least 10 minutes I couldn't find the child. I've never gone more than 2 minutes without finding her.

Yes, she has a tendency to wander off, but she usually shows back up if I stay right where I'm at or call her name really loud. Even Luke was panicking. Finally, after making Luke stand in one place and I did a big circle around him looking for her and calling her name, she came walking down the aisle from a completely different direction. She was upset, but not for the reason I thought she would be. She was mad at me!!!! She said I left her. Ummm? NO!

Well, after I explained to her how she has to stay with me at all times and how easily it would be for someone to take her and gave her a huge hug, without even missing a beat she said, "Can I go play with the music again?"

Here I am almost in tears and she could care less. But she did know she was in trouble. Luke was in dire need of going to the bathroom (huge surprise here!) the whole time we were looking for Gracen. SO when Gracen finally showed up, he was about to explode. So as soon as I gained my composure we started off for the bathroom. Gracie knew where we were going and started crying saying "Please Mommy! Don't spank me in the bathroom!" Too bad I should have taken the opportunity and taught her a lesson and spanked her. But I didn't. I was just glad she was with me.

Then not 10 minutes after this, we were in the parking lot. She walked away from me around the other side of a parked car. Another car came really fast down the aisle and the driver was looking the other way. I just knew Gracie was going to run out before I could get to her and grab her. Again, scared me to death! Even she was startled by this one.

From Walmart, we went to the mall to run a quick errand. (I should have just gone home!) Gracen has this bright orange jelly bracelet that she keeps trying to take into stores. I don't let them take things into stores since whatever goes into stores usually gets left and the child has a meltdown when they remember.

Anyway, before I got out of the car, I told Gracen and Luke to leave their toys in the car. As Gracen was crawling out, I noticed she had something stuffed into her mouth. Well, I ignored it at first. As we walked into the mall, she smiled really big like she had pulled one over on me. I informed her that she had to keep that bracelet in her mouth the entire time we were inside. I didn't want to see it.

She thought it was funny at first, but let me tell you it wasn't so funny after about 4 minutes. She was a mess. Luke and I were so laughing at her and I kept reminder her she had to keep it in her mouth. Let's just say I don't think she will be putting that in her mouth ever again!

2 comments:

Sign2Jill said...

That's a great post! I love to hear stories about your kids...they're so funny!

Jennie said...

Seriously, aren't kids fun! I've had the "kid running out in the parking lot" scare a few times too. They are totally oblivious.

Breanna almost fell down the escalator today at Kohl's and I about had a heart attack just thinking of how badly that could have turned out.