Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 123

Our days are running together lately. Honestly, I've had to look at my calendar several times this week to figure out what day it was. I am really ready for school to start. We... okay I do so much better on a schedule. Busy schedules keep me on task and productive.

Busy we will be this fall. Officer Spouses Club starts up in August. We host a huge sign up fair at the end of August with all kinds of vendors. This is always fun and a great chance to meet ladies who are new to the area and old ones you lost track of over the summer. I'm so excited about being on this year's board. I've got one year under my belt and starting off with a great group of friends who are also on the board.

I sign Gracen up for dance class in the next few weeks. I can't wait for her to start! The girl LOVES to dance and has amazing rhythm.... unlike either one of her parents. I know she is going to enjoy the class!

Luke starts tutoring next week and I will put him in soccer in the fall. I'll put him in the league on base this season after being so disappointed in the city league this past spring. We know more people on base and he will get more play time that way as well. And its not so darn competitive. The competitive attitude of the parents in the spring about killed me.

We have lots of other things planned this fall. One of which is Scott coming home for R&R! I hope being busy will help the months pass quickly.

A little boy Luke's age moved in a two doors down while we were in Texas. The boys finally met last night and both were so excited to have found each other. They played for several hours last night while a bunch of the neighbors stood outside talking. After we came inside, Luke went to bed talking about his new friend. This morning, he woke up wanting to go down and play with him. Let's just say I will have no problem getting Luke to do his chores from now on.

Our sunflowers have officially bloomed. We did lose a couple... they fell over from the weight of their blooms. BUT we still have more opening up each day. It is funny though to see these huge stalks laying over in the yard.

This is that first sunflower the first day it was open. I haven't taken a picture of it in the last two days, but now it is a good 12 inches across.

I took this picture this morning. It initially had two big butterflies on it, but by the time I ran in and got my camera, one flew away.

And the morning glories. They should be blooming soon. Gracen likened them to the vines on Jumanji today. I have to go outside every other day to pull them from growing up through the deck slats and trail them to go up the railing.

No comments: