Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 125

I just cannot win.

I'm seriously considering writing a nasty letter to Disney. Hannah Montana has brought me more grief as far as Gracen is concerned.

In March, I paid $36 for two tickets to see the stupid Hannah Montana 3D movie. Thinking it was the same price as any other movie, I promised Gracen we would see it if she was a good girl while we were at my doctors and I ran an errand. For four hours, my girl sat still and was wonderful! She was so excited. When the ticket agent told me the total for the matinee movie, I was shocked.

I told Gracen it was too expensive and we couldn't see it. As we walked away, she turned into a crying mess that broke my heart. I had promised her she would see it. So, push over that I am, we turned around and saw the movie.... which she fell asleep about halfway through.

Tonight, just a measly 4 months later, Disney Channel is playing the movie in 3D. Just for one night. It says you have to have 3D glasses you can get at Walmart for free. Well, we went to Walmart yesterday to get glasses. They only had one pair left. So I had a brilliant idea! We just went to a 3D movie and I still had the glasses in my purse. (Yes, Scott. My purse is still a catch all for everything and is a complete mess.) They are the same type of glasses we saw the Hannah Montana movie with. So I told the kids "No problem! We have glasses already."

So tonight as Hannah Montana starts and the kids put on their glasses excited to watch..... we realize the glasses don't work! You have to have the glasses from Walmart! The crying begins and goes on.... and on.... and on.... actually after 35 minutes, she is still sniffling. The screen is blurry and she is so upset she can't see Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana.

Yes, I know my daughter is Queen of All Drama. But come on! Disney is so on my bad list this year!

Here are some pictures from today. The kids built a huge tent in Luke's room. They were playing "camping".




Scott sent this picture to me the other day. He found this while going through some Pakistani medication. He asked where in the house I'd been hiding my stash. He's so funny! *rolling my eyes*


No comments: