My brother sent me a text saying he is staying right across the street from Good Morning America and Jonas Brothers is singing tomorrow. He said there was already a huge line waiting to see the show! Gracie would be so jealous if she realized just how close Uncle Aaron was to her heart throbs! Too bad we have to take Luke to school or we would watch the show!
Yes, school starts tomorrow! We get to move up the deployment ladder! Luke is actually excited. He told me tonight he was ready to meet his new friends. What a great attitude and a huge relief for me. I was so worried tomorrow was going to be a struggle.
I found out today that Luke's teacher this year is probably the best second grade teacher at the school. I am so happy! I contacted the school counselor earlier this week to follow up on our meeting in the spring. She promised me then that he would be placed with a strong teacher. I called to make sure it was taken care of. She assured me I would be pleased with the teacher. I've heard she's a tough one, but very on top of her students. As long as she realizes when Luke is struggling and communicates with me how we can improve things, then I will be her biggest fan this year.
Edited to add one more thing: What incentive do you give a 7 year old to wear underwear? Someone I know (who will remain nameless) continues to go commando day in and day out. Said person tells me they "forget" or "think it is already on".
Oh the joys of motherhood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Whoa!! Ya'll start school today? Thats craziness!! Is it private school? My sister's daughter starts Tuesday because she is in private. Ours start on the 25th. Glad one more thing is checked off that deployment ladder!!
Post a Comment