Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 144

We survived homework time this afternoon. I had my doubts yesterday and was very nervous about today. After a little complaining, he did his spelling words.

He tends to argue with me about spellings. Like "clap" spelled "claq". He was in a fit because he didn't think he needed to change it. Just like on Tuesday when he tried to convince me "Tuesday" was spelled "Teuesday". He was not going to give in and pulled the calendar off the wall to show me his spelling was correct. Of course, I was correct, but the fact that I've been around a while has no impact on his thinking.... to him, he is always right and will argue the color of the sky if you gave him the chance.

But we did have a good evening. We even cleaned the kitchen together. So all is good in the Davis house tonight! Praise God!

Gracen and I met a bunch of friends at the new JumpZone here in town. This is big stuff for our town! I was amazed when we walked in. Seeing the huge pirate ship wrapped in an octopus made me immediately think of Luke and how much fun he would have here. Definitely a place we will go to when Daddy comes home!

Here are the pictures from today. Remember, I have my big (hard to carry) camera so I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. Plus, the kids wouldn't sit still long enough to take any. Getting Gracen and Caroline to sit still for the one picture was complete torture for them!







Scott received a ton of mail yesterday! He got every box that has been MIA the last 10 weeks from me! YAY! He also received boxes of toys from his mom's church, 8 gallons of bbq sauce from a sauce company in Texas and lots of other boxes from random people and places. I'm so thankful because now I feel comfortable sending off a box for his birthday. I know it will get there.... maybe not on or before his birthday, but eventually.

No comments: