On the way home from soccer tonight (and after Luke asked me if he was going to get to vote this election), I told the kids they needed to take showers and get their PJs on as soon as we got home. Once we got home, I started cleaning the kitchen while they went back to their rooms.
I heard the shower go on followed by some giggling, but I didn't think much about it. After about 10 minutes, I went to check on them. Gracen was still in her clothes, but strangely had wet hair. She got quiet as soon as she saw me and immediately went into her room and closed the door. NOT A GOOD SIGN!
I opened the bathroom door to find the shower curtain half open and the shower head pointing out of the shower... with the water still on! Shocked at the mess, I pulled back the curtain to get onto Luke. But lo and behold the shower was empty!
I turned around to go back out the bathroom door to find Luke. As I was about to walk out, the bathroom closet door slowly started to open. I pulled it open fast to find Luke standing there soak and wet.... hiding from Gracen.
At this point, you would think he knew he was in trouble. I mean the floor was immersed in two inches of water, the floor mat was practically floating and there was a naked dripping wet 7 year old standing in my linen closet with the shower still running. But no, he had no clue he was teetering on punishment.
I told him to go to his room, put his pajamas on and get straight into bed. His response? "But mom, why are you mad? I was just getting a towel!"
WHATEVER!
I then gave him the lesson on how we PAY MONEY for the water we use and he had just wasted alot of water and money. Again, he was not phased. He very calmly told me he would pay for it with his money.
After I cleaned up the mess, I remembered my daughter was being awfully quiet still in her room. (She normally likes to witness Luke getting reprimanded.) I opened her door to find her in her pajamas in bed. Very strange. I went to tuck her in and noticed again her hair was wet. I asked her how her hair got wet and from the other room Luke yelled, "She was trying to get into the shower with me!"
SHEESH! I can't keep up with them!
Gracen, of course, denied this and kept going on how Luke was spraying her and splashing her. The mean mom that I am gave yet another lecture this time about how Gracen should not be in the bathroom at all while Luke is showering.
So tonight I am tired. Even as I type this, they are downstairs giggling. I yelled down a minute ago for them to get into bed and stop playing. Their response.... "We are in our beds!"
WHATEVER!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
helarious!!!
scott
Post a Comment