Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 147

Day 147. I really can't believe it. I think about all the things that have happened in the last 147 days and its seems so weird that Scott has been gone for so long. Don't get me wrong.... it feels like that long. It's just strange he hasn't been home since Luke flew on the plane. Since Gracen skinned her knees and didn't walk for days. Since that day we stood in the kitchen and said goodbye.

Obviously, I'm missing Scott alot right now. Gracen and Luke have been talking about him so much more lately. Not a day goes by that one of them doesn't tell me how much they miss him and can't wait for him to be home.

We are all looking forward to October which can't come soon enough. Just wish that was the end of this stupid deployment. Unfortunately, we'll have to say goodbye again and this time wonder just how long it will be until he comes home for good.

No comments: