Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 141

Isn't it funny when you have nothing on your calendar you get nothing accomplished. But when you have a day full of activities, that is when things get done! I love days like that! I was busy from "son" up until way past "son" down! I was able to cross off a ton of stuff from my "to do" list!

Speaking of "son", Luke had an awesome first full day of school today! I was waiting in the front yard when he got off the bus and he came running to me yelling "Mom! I had the best day!" That was probably the most happy I've been in a very long time. Just seeing the joy radiating from him made my heart swell.

Although, it was short lived. I've decided he has to do homework as soon as he gets home from school this year. He was not happy about that this afternoon. He went through a whole series of ranting and raving about how awful his life was and how I was mean. I quietly sat there and counted to see just how long he could go. He went a very long time! I was exhausted by the end of it.

Also while he was ranting, I made up a list of homework rules he has to follow or there will be consequences. Homework will be done quietly without grumbling or arguing. If there is grumbling and arguing these things will happen:
1st warning - No TV the rest of the evening.
2nd warning - No playing with friends next two nights.
3rd warning - No soccer that week.

You might think this is rough. Well, it is, but he does not like doing homework. He has literally laid in the kitchen floor in a ball crying because he does not want to do it. And we went through levels of that all last year. I don't have it in me this year to do that again almost every afternoon. He also helped me come up with the rules. So I'm hoping he gets how important his homework is this year.

I say all that and then remember that just an hour ago (after he was in bed for almost 30 minutes), he came up and told me he didn't do some of his homework. He said he told me about it when he came home and I forgot to have him do it. My fault!! **banging my head on my desk**

I told him I would wake him up extra early in the morning! I hate extra early mornings!

No comments: