Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 150!

I feel like today is another hurdle. 150 days! We're still on the uphill side of this deployment, but I'm constantly repeating "I think I can. I think I can" in my head.

This week homework has officially started. Yes, Luke had homework last week, but they are on a full schedule now. Open House is tomorrow and I plan on setting up a conference with the teacher. I want to get him started on individual guidance as soon as I can. The teacher also needs to know homework at our house does not take 15 minutes like she recommended. We did 2 hours tonight.

I let Luke play with a friend for an hour when he came home. When it was time to come in and work on spelling and reading, he was not happy with me at all. I explained that I let him play and now he had to do his homework. But he tried to argue his reasonings and spent a good portion of homework time complaining instead of thinking about his work.

He does not understand that homework would be so much easier and go faster if he didn't use so much energy complaining. I know he knows how to do the work and read the words, he just doesn't have the patience or the desire to even try.

So this if for Daddy. A very small taste of what he is missing. I have to say you coming home for R&R during Luke's Fall Break was smart on your part. No homework that week.



After spelling, we worked on his reading. Scott, you thought the stories last year were long and boring..... that was nothing! Here is the worksheet he was suppose to answer after reading the story. He told me the teacher said the answers did not have to be in complete sentences. THANK GOODNESS!


On question 5, they are suppose to answer what would they do in the Travel Tree for a day. The Travel Tree takes you anywhere in the world you want to go, lets you sit in it and do anything you want.

What did Luke want to do in the Travel Tree for a day you ask?

Watch TV. Yes, that is what he said. I tried to get him to come up with something using his imagination.... because he has quite the imagination. I was hoping he would say go visit his Daddy. Nope. He just wanted to "watch TV". At least it was quick and easy to write his answer.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Looks like a lot of fun with the homework! It's torture to learn. Watch tv...classic...maybe his teacher will read it and think that you are one of those great Moms who so rarely let your kids watch tv that they would love to do that on a perfect day...we all know the truth.