Saturday, May 3, 2008

Day 41

All day today, I wished we were in Texas. Today was Jen's bridal shower and I'm so upset I missed it. Its killing me to be so far away and unable to join in all the pre-wedding details of my brother and future sister-in-law. Aaron and Jen, to make up for not being there today, I'll throw your baby shower for you! I'm assuming we'll be in Texas when that time comes!

Yesterday, I had a handyman come out and look at our backdoor. The door has been a thorn in my side for the last three years! The day we closed on this house, a snow storm blew in. When we got home, this back door was wide open and there was an inch of snow in the living room. I should have known then!

Anyway, I could have kissed the guys who came out and fixed the door. Not only did they completely correct the door and make it so easy to open, close and lock, they also fixed the front door and our back porch light that was broken. I'm thrilled these things are no longer a problem!


We had a soccer game today at noon. The weather is so much warmer at that time of day. It was still windy on the soccer fields, but not blistering cold. Luke did so much better today. Call me crazy, but he wore shorts without pockets and he seemed to be more into the game.... not standing there with his hands in his pockets!







Tonight, we went to Claire's for movie night. We had pizza and the moms watched 27 Dresses while the kids watched Alvin and the Chipmunks upstairs. We all had a great time and plan on doing it again. Here is Luke and Gracen with their huge dog, Addy. She's such a sweetie!


I thought I'd throw this cute one in. The kids this morning eating breakfast and watching cartoons. They asked if they could sit in "Daddy's chair".


We still haven't heard from Daddy. Its now been 11 days. I did hear through some other wives that everyone is safe and in a remote village somewhere. I feel a little better now.

No comments: