Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 65

I have a confession to make. I have 15 saved messages from Scott on my cell phone and home answering machine. 11 on my cell phone and 4 on the home phone.... 1 just from tonight. Why? Yesterday, I would have passed it off as me being crazy. But today, I read this in a military spouses magazine and I realized I wasn't....

"As military wives, we all know why we don't delete answering machine messages. We live with constant fear that those messages may be the only record, or the last time we will hear his voice."

He is again going out without a set time that we will hear from him again. They are moving and will have a new mailing address when they finally reach their destination. The kid and I look forward to that day. We've been collecting art projects, magazines and numerous coloring book pages to mail to Daddy.

We are leaving tomorrow for a 3 day trip to Cave City, Kentucky. Home of Dinosaur World and Mammoth Cave National Park. We hope to have a great time and have lots of pictures to share when we get back!

No comments: