Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 47

We are counting down the days until summer. I'm looking forward to sleeping in in the mornings. With school, soccer and church we never have a day to just sleep until we wake up. Even the kids need a sleep day. It was all I could do to wake Gracen up this morning. I went in numerous times to get her out of bed this morning and she didn't budge. I can understand why. She was up so late last night playing in her room.

Tomorrow will be worse. They were up past 10:30 tonight. I took them to our monthly Parent's Night Out at the church tonight. I went to dinner with some friends and didn't pick them up until 9:30. Then they were starving when we got home.

We have a busy day planned tomorrow. Gracen and I are doing something fun in the afternoon while Luke plays with Ty. I'll take pictures of Gracen and I and post them tomorrow night. Gracen and I are both excited about our plans. Then tomorrow night we are going to Jazz on the Lawn with a bunch of people. Both kids are super excited about that. We had so much fun last year at these.

I'm praying Scott calls in the next few days. This has been a difficult week in our battalion. We lost one soldier who had a daughter and son. Thankfully, I'm almost certain Scott was not with that company of his battalion. I keep reading with the warmer weather the Taliban is becoming more active. Things are getting more dangerous. I have no idea where Scott is and its a terrible feeling. I can't wait for him to get back safely and be able to read this blog and catch up with our lives. I want to know he is safe and comfortable.

This year is going to be long and extremely hard for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mommy is a great Mommy.
Happy Mommy day.

Love you
Gracen and Luke