The kid had me in stitches all morning. First he does not want to go to school. I tell him he has just four more days left and he is upset by this... he thought Wednesday was his last day.
After I finally get him out of bed and getting dressed, I come back in to find him finishing up putting his shoes on. He's mumbling and moaning still about going to school. I notice his shoes and wonder why the shoe laces are different. At the same time, Luke says laughing "I have two different shoes on!" Duh!
When he takes one of the shoes off and starts to dig for the other's match, I realize he is wearing one of MY socks! We are both laughing at this point and he's still complaining about going to school.
After finding the matching shoe, he digs to find another sock. While I'm untying the huge knot in the shoe, he starts to put on the sock. I look up and realize he's putting on his knee high soccer sock all while watching for my reaction. I tell him to find another sock and he continues giggling/complaining about school and how its never going to be over.
This time he pulls out one of Gracen's pink baby socks. Only he's laughing hysterically. Finally, after being awake for over 20 minutes, the boy is dressed and ready for breakfast.
When he gets done with breakfast, I tell him to go get his jacket out of his room. He can't just walk to his room. He positions himself like a sprinter at the beginning of a race and counts down. He takes off and I laugh at the amount of energy he has this morning.
Only he doesn't go very far. I walk around the corner and he's flat on the floor just feet from where he started. He tripped over the area rug in our living room seriously just feet from where he took off! I couldn't stop laughing at him!
With a few minutes to spare, he climbed on my lap in the living room to wait for time to go to the bus. He had his head laying on the arm of the chair and Ella was not happy that he was on my lap. She started barking in jealousy, but quickly stopped when she got closer to Luke. She had found the left over syrup from Luke's waffles on Luke's face. So she pretty much licked his face clean and was happy as a lark. Again, all while Luke and I were laughing.
Oh! I also forgot to tell about something he did Friday night. While we were at the gym swimming, he had to go to the restroom. He's not allowed in the ladies locker room so I had to send him into the men's. I reminded him he was not to let anyone talk to him or touch him.
He came out a few minutes later and said, "Mom, some man tried to give me a high five in there." I asked him what he did. He said, "I told him 'no' really loud and then said I wasn't allowed to talk to strangers." GOOD BOY!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment