Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 54

Luke had Field Day today. I don't think it went well. I couldn't get the whole story from him, but from the sounds of it he messed up the relay race for his team. Something about the batons were a certain color and the gym teacher switched things around so Luke didn't know which way to run. He didn't sound like he wanted to talk about it so I didn't question the story. He did say it wasn't anything like he expected. He thought it would be more fun. I always hated Field Day too so I had no words of encouragement for him.

I appreciated the lesson I got today on the Indiana Jones movies. I bought Luke Raiders of the Lost Ark the other day and let the kids watch it. It was the night I worked on the shirt design so I was up here at the computer while it was playing. I guess Gracen and I went down stairs to cook dinner during the end of the movie because I totally missed the gruesome part Scott explained to me today.

Luke did come down and tell me after he finished the movie that he was glad Gracen didn't see it because it would have scared her. I didn't think much of it. I mean the movie is rated PG and the worst I remember is the snake pit. Obviously, I blocked the end of the movie out of my memory. Scott was not happy at all that Luke saw the end. He informed me the whole movie rating system changed and PG-13 was created because of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Nice. How the heck was I suppose to know this!?!?!

I mentioned it tonight to Luke and he said it didn't scare him. If I remember correctly, he said something about Daddy being a scaredy cat. His words, not mine.

This morning I used my Mother's Day gift certificate from Gracen to get a massage and pedicure. It was FABULOUS! I was afraid I would fall asleep during the massage, but I stayed awake and enjoyed every minute of it! Here are the flowers I got from Luke last week...


I promised the kids last night that I would take them tonight swimming at the gym. They have movie night on Friday nights for kids 7 to 10 so Luke was able to hang out for an hour while I worked out. He felt like a big kid. Here are some pictures of swimming. Gracen would have stood there and posed all night if I would have let her. She kept saying "Mommy! I look cute standing like this. Take my picture!" Hmmm? A little vain?



This is Gracen asking me (really loud) if she can pee in the pool.





1 comment:

Jennie said...

Well, did you let her...