Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 42 - part II

He called! He called! I was in the middle of Sam's, but he called. It was funny because I said to him "I'm in the middle of Sam's" and then he said, "Well, I'm in the middle of Afghanistan." I love my husband!

We only got 4 minutes, but I passed the phone to the kids and they got to talk to Daddy. Poor Luke. I told him to talk fast because Daddy didn't have very long. So Luke took the phone and said "Hi Dad. I love you!" and then passed it to Gracen. He's such a big boy. Too bad, he had a whole conversation with me this morning about how he wanted to go camping with his Daddy.... just the two of them. I wish he could have talked to Scott about it. It would have made Daddy's day.

Gracen told Daddy she sent him her butterfly. We've been sending him all of Gracen's pretty school art work. I am sorry to say the butterfly will need to be glued when it gets to Daddy. There was a little mishap when it was packed in the box. We were at the post office and I didn't want Gracen to see so I just closed the box up without fixing it. Sorry!

Scott wants everyone to know he's doing good. He made sure to tell me "Happy Mother's Day". Carol, he also said to make sure you knew he was thinking about you next Sunday even though he can't call.

Here's a picture Gracen drew a few weeks ago. Its been hanging on the fridge, but I wanted to share it. I had to laugh when she explained it to me. Of course, the little person with the bow on its head is Gracen. The person next to Gracen with the thing on its head is me. The thing is Ella our dog. This is so funny to me because Ella is always somehow on top of me. If I'm sitting she is on my lap. If I'm laying in bed, she's laying on my hip or stomach. So Gracen has drawn Ella standing on top of me. Cracks me up!

No comments: