We were having a totally uneventful day today and I thought I would have nothing to tell daddy about. Then at 8:00pm, I let the kids sit on Luke's bed and play games before bedtime. I went to clean the kitchen. When I came back to Luke's room about 15 mintues later, Ella had completely destroyed a section of carpet near Luke's bed. At some point, she must have dropped her chewy in between the slots of Luke's trundle and then tried to dig it out.
The berber carpet is a mess! I've been known to glue down substantial strips of berber that have come loose, but there is absolutely no saving this. And I was just patting myself on the back the other day over the condition of our bedroom carpets. I was thinking we wouldn't need to replace them when we move because they are still so clean.
So tomorrow I'll call the guys around the corner who put the carpet in our house. They've been to our house more times than I can count trying to fix mistakes the builder made in the flooring. I'm sure they'll get a good laugh out of this one when I show them the pile of fuzz that use to be berber and ask if it can be fixed.
Just for the record.... neither one of the kids had a clue what was going on inches from them. I've heard Ella dig at the carpet before. I've also heard berber carpet strips being pulled out at the seam. Both are pretty loud. Although not much can pull the kids away from Nintendo DS and Leapster!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that my child is not the only major drama queen. Breanna would have done the exact same thing. Aren't girls fun:)
Post a Comment