Checking malnourished little boy...

Medic and severely malnourished baby girl...

First few minutes on the ground...

Scott and an NCO

Day 3...

Liska, bomb sniffing dog (He is trying to convince me this dog would be great in our family! She is about to be retired.)...

Local boys...

With interpreter, helping boy...

Ready for next air assault...

Gracen and I had fun on our outing today. The mall had a Mother/Daughter look alike contest and I thought it would be fun. I spent most of the day Friday trying to find us something matching to wear and was very disappointed in the local stores. I ended up just buying me a pink shirt the same color as one Gracen already had. When I laid it all out last night to show Gracen what we would wear, she was not happy. She didn't want to wear it! I told her tough. She was going to wear it and have fun.
And we did have fun. We didn't win, but everyone around us said we should have. A grandmother/mother/granddaughter trio won.... but they didn't look anything alike! Oh well! Gracen was so upset we didn't win. She has her daddy's competitive spirit.
Tonight we went to Jazz on the Lawn. There were four women and ten kids. We had a great time! It sprinkled on and off during the evening, but stayed away until after dark. It finally started raining harder and the band started packing up. It took us forever to pack everything up, but thankfully the weather was on our side. Here are some pictures of the group...
Here are two of the kids waiting for everyone to show up. They decided they could see their hand held games better if they were under coats. They looked so silly! But they weren't fighting or whining so I let them be.
Bonus self portrait of Luke and his lovely two front teeth! ;-)


2 comments:
Hey Nik,
Happy Mother's Day! I was just reading your blog about the soldier who died. I can't even imagine the emotions that you have to deal with all the time. I'll be praying for you guys and Scott especially that everyone remains safe and that the time passes quickly. Call me whenever!
Post a Comment