Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 44

Yesterday was a blur. I took Gracen to the doctor in the morning. It was lots of fun getting her to pee in a cup. I think I prayed the pee out of her. I was praying so hard for her not to need a catheter. Our day would have been over at 11am. Possibly the whole week would have been shot if she had something like that done! Thankfully, she walked away with a Hannah Montana sticker completely oblivious to the possibility! Thank God!

This week is Teacher Appreciating Week. Luke's PTO has a whole week planned of activities to do for the teachers. Monday was bring your teacher a flower day. I bought a really pretty bouquet on Sunday. Yesterday morning, I wrapped the daisies in pretty paper and gently tied a nice ribbon around them. I had planned all along to drive Luke to school, but at the last minute he said he wanted to ride the bus. I was worried about him being picked on by carrying the flowers, but he wanted to go.

Before he walked out the door, I carefully put them in his arms and reminded him not to touch the petals because they would turn brown. I stood on the front porch and watched him walk to the bus stop..... swinging the flowers upside down and in a circle with his arm outstretched. Then when he got to the bus stop, he used my beautiful flowers as a sword to fight off the other boys. The whole time I watched him, I kept thinking how different boys and girls are. Gracen would have carefully held the flowers in the crook of her arm to protect them. But not Luke. Luke is all boy and I wonder what he ended up handing to his teacher when he got to school.

Gracen informed me today that she knew why her tummy has been hurting her so much lately. She has a baby in her tummy. Yep, diet coke came out my nose when she said it. Totally not what I expected.

Daddy, Gracen sent you a card today. I have never seen her crack up and get so much delight out of something as much as this card. Even at the post office she was still snickering saying how funny the card is and how much her Daddy was going to laugh when he opened it.

No comments: