Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day 69

Daddy called this morning. Its always wonderful to hear his voice. They are slowly making their way to their new "home". We pray every night he gets there safely and his "home" is not too dangerous. He assures me he will be fine, but he said that about Iraq. And I heard some stories when he got back I now wish I had not been told.

We spent the day doing chores. Yes, it takes Gracen all day to do her chore list. She has down how to pull one over on me. I have to keep reminding myself not to help her or let her get away with taking so long. I bought a timer today and definitely plan on using it with her. She usually responds to a timer, but I know she'll test that as well. I really dislike spanking her. Honestly, it hurts me more than it hurts her.... literally. She rarely cries from a spanking. If she cries its because I've hurt her feelings, not her bottom.

I'm struggling with Luke's reading. We are working everyday together and its so frustrating. Just when I think he's doing better, he takes a huge step back. I have a meeting with his school counselor on Tuesday. I hope I'm able to be an advocate for his learning next year. I don't want to let him down.

Tonight Luke asked me if I had finished high school. I told him I had and asked why he wanted to know. He said, "Well, people who finish high school have jobs." Yes, he's still alive, but only because he's cute.

I have to share our weather forcast for the next week. This forecaster is definitely covering his butt.

No comments: